[pct-l] dogs from campo to julian

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sun Mar 1 15:59:09 CST 2009

Emily Lawlor wrote:
> I know dogs on the pct are frowned upon. I have convinced my mom and
> sister to walk the first 5 days with me; we will start a bit early to
> have time for shorter days. But my mom is insisting on bringing our
> two little dogs,

Water will be a big issue for you. On your first day, there are a couple
of sketchy water sources in the first four miles, and you won't have
reliable water again until you get to Lake Morena. If you are hiking
short days, you will need to carry enough water to last you and your
dogs for more than a day on the trail. Water sources after Lake Morena
are closer together, but still average about 12 miles apart.