[pct-l] Ice Axe on Amtrak

Peter "OC" Dascalos peter at onthetrail.org
Sun Mar 1 10:12:08 CST 2009

I live and hike in the SoCal area. On an average snow year you may find that
you need your ice ax before Fuller Ridge. If it is an average to good snow
year you will run into some snow situations where you wish you had your ax
along the Desert Divide, specifically by Apache Peak and until you round Red
Tahquitz.
Usually, there will be a few that hike the section early and post an update
here to give everyone an idea of what to expect.

Peter
www.onthetrail.org

PS - For those interested, just spent the last week in Anza Borrego Desert.
It is a perfect time out there and the wild flower bloom is just starting.
Should be in full swing in a week or two!