[pct-l] Camp Shoes and Such

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Mar 1 09:40:44 CST 2009

On Feb 28, 2009, at 11:04 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Camp Shoes and Such
Another camp "shoe" idea, which I made use of, was to remove the
original insoles from my shoes and with a little elastic, fashion a
pair of sandals out of them. I stored these sandals inside my shoes
under my superfeet. Unfortunately, when I replaced my shoes I
accidentally threw them away because I was in a hurry.

These work terribly, but they work. I mean, you can't really walk far
in them, but you can get up to pee or use them in a shower. The
weight is extremely minimal.

At some points on the trail I was a camp shoe fan and other times I
didn't care so much. A large percentage of hikers had crocs or flip-
flops so don't worry about any snickering from the peanut butter bear
canister gallery if you choose to carry some.