[pct-l] sdmckay at uncc.edu

PCT Section Hiker pctsectionhiker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:24:06 CDT 2009

Thanks for the real time response from the boots on the trail.

The people on the list are great!

Thanks

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:13:39 -0700
From: "McKay, Spencer" <sdmckay at uncc.edu>
Subject: [pct-l] Snow weather conditions forrester kearsage
To: <pct-l at backcountry.net>

The conditions hiking south over kearsarge are excellent, with minimal
snow. Hiking south on the PCT over Forrester will be a little more
difficult. I crossed it yesterday going north and the side coming down
was still well covered in snow and will be a tough climb. The side
going down for you will be fairly easy with minimal snow on the
switchbacks and a good possibility of post-holing once you get off the
switchbacks. Just follow the cairns through the snow fields and you'll
be fine. I just got off the pct today at onion valley to resupply in
bishop so this information is recent.

Warpzilla

Message: 3