[pct-l] mosquitoes?

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Jun 29 16:50:07 CDT 2009

I am planning a short trip in the Golden Trout Wilderness sometime in
the next two weeks.  It will start at the 6000 ft elevation and stay
close to that for most of the trip, with one climb over a 10,000 foot
pass.
Can anyone say, right now, at what elevation range are the mosquitoes
the worst?  Have they shown any sign of decline at lower elevations, and
if so what elevation is that?
I am trying to guess whether or not the conditions will be tolerable for
us and for the llamas with their very short coats (recently sheared).
Marion