[pct-l] Tahoe and Truckee dining update

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Sun Jun 28 20:52:48 CDT 2009

Hello from a longtime list-lurker.

I have just returned from a very satisfying climbing trip to Tahoe.
(Trivia note: At Donner Summit, right ON the PCT is some of the
greatest climbing in the Western US -- School Rock, Baboon Crag,
Grouse Slabs, etc.)

Time to update folks on the restaurant situation in Truckee/Tahoe.

Most important amendment to the Tahoe City/Truckee page at
http://www.emeraldlake.com/pctguide/pcttaho.html

The Donner Ski Ranch bar, which was recently the only  on-the-trail
watering hole and restaurant before Belden, has cut hours from 7 days
a week to Fridays-Sundays. Nobos take note.

I've also added four new restaurant listings to the Tahoe
City/Truckee page and the celebrated Burger Lounge to the South Lake
Tahoe page.

The main link for Best On The Crest is, as always,

http://www.emeraldlake.com/pctguide/

All my best to the Class of 2009.

DP