[pct-l] Shoes For Extra Wide Feet?

Magnet ki6asp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 18:11:09 CDT 2009

Erik,
I have used NB 908 shoes.  They worked well for my wide feet, similar to
yours.  However, there is little cushioning in the sole.  That will probably
not be a problem if you are a lightweight.  I was bulky, hence the old trail
name, and I felt every pebble.  I think NB have slightly heavier shoes that
have more cushion.  The 908 shoes did not last long.  Be aware that
lightweight also means quick to wear.

I am now using Patagonia Release shoes.  Much lighter than the Merrill
Chameleons I used last year.  They are a tighter fit, but so far, I have not
developed blisters on my training hikes.

BTW, I really needed pickle juice today during and after my training hike.
 My shirt and pack straps look like I am salt lick for a bovine creature.
 Glad there were no deer nearby.  I would have had groupie deer following me
out to the trailhead trying to lick my shirt.  Salsa and chip hit the spot
at home.

Magnet

--
Tom KI6ASP