[pct-l] hiking the John Muir Trail

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu Jun 25 14:22:03 CDT 2009

We hiked the JMT in 1998 and 1999 starting Labor Day weekend both years. We
picked that time because we thought the crowds would be smaller.  We still
saw plenty of people, but didn't feel like we were in a parade. I would
recommend early September as a good starting date.

1998 was a high snow year and the flowers were great - like walking thru a
garden most of the way. 1999 was a lower snow year but was still a fun hike
and very different than 1998.

Ken
www GottaWalk com