[pct-l] South Carolina governor skips work to go hiking

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:03:39 CDT 2009

Mango wrote:

Going hiking without advance notice is okay.  But apparently he didn't tell his wife and left her alone with their kids on Father's Day.  WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

I don't know about the telling the wife part (I was under the impression that he did), but leaving the kids on Father's Day is perfectly understandable to me!  My wife and kids gave me the gift of a solo backpacking trip this Father's Day and I happily took it.  I did 48 miles in 43 hours, up and back on the Elwha River trail in Olympic National Park.  Didn't see any naked hikers, though.  Actually didn't see much of anyone at all, which surprised me since it was a beautiful weekend in June.

Eric