[pct-l] John Muir Trail early July

Diane Soini diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jun 23 20:48:52 CDT 2009

Hi there I'm planning a jmt hike starting in a week. I've been
following the snow pack data but wanted to know if anyone has been up
there recently and knows conditions or if anyone is planning to do the
jmt soon as I'm going solo
Thanks
Mike

It's got a lot of snow, especially around 8 or 9000 and higher. The
weather has improved, though, so it ought not to be as dire as it has
been. If you're ok with cross-country route-finding in the snow, you
ought to be ok. I've heard some of the streams are pretty high, too.
Bring a good topo, not just one that focuses closely on the trail, and
a compass.

My friend Lenny went all the way through and so this info is second
hand from him.