[pct-l] best time for section F?

Magnet ki6asp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:21:32 CDT 2009

I hiked N from Walker Pass last October with Piper and Shooting Star (she
was Sue at the time), and the weather was perfect.  Cold at night and warm
during the day.  One night, on Lamont Saddle, Santa Ana was blowing hard.
Thought my tent was going to blow away.  It was wonderful.  Be aware that
the Santa Ana winds will come up out of nowhere.  It was a calm day and
evening, then at dusk, they started.

Tom KI6ASP
Magnet
pctaddict.blogspot.com