[pct-l] More Record Attempts

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Jun 21 17:26:12 CDT 2009

EXITING  DAYS  ARE  HERE  AGAIN....several of my buddies are either on
the trail or will be on the trail trying to set new trail records.
As everybody already knows, Scott  &  Adam  are on the trail going after
Horton's PCT record.
I just got word from Aaron Sorensen that he will try to bag the
''unsupported Tahoe Rim Trail'' record June 28 and my buddy Michael
Popov, the current unsupported  JMT record holder,  (that scoundrel
stole my unsupported JMT crown 2 years ago)  and Kilian Jornet will go
after Sue ''Stinky Feet'' Johnston's supported  JMT  record.

It is time to bring the supported JMT record back to the boys camp,....I
mean the girls beating us at our own game is totally  unacceptable and
must be reversed.

I have been seriously thinking about making another run at a  ''sub five
unsupported JMT''   but my wife keeps saying  ''don't you dare, you are
getting to old for that''.
We'll see, but I tend to agree with her.....at 68 perhaps I am getting a
little to old for that extreme stuff.
I have to think about that.....but she does seem to exercise better
judgment when it comes to thinks like that.

It is nice outside, perhaps I should go for a little ride in my wheelchair.

BINGO!!!......THAT  IS  IT !!!.......I will go for a new  ''unsupported
mechanized wheelchair JMT record''.
This baby will be 4 wheel drive, with differential slip and snow tires
to get me over the highest snow covered passes.
It will be equipped with cruise control, automatic pilot, sun canopy,
refrigerator (to keep the beer cold), porty potty and a fold out bed.
I'm so exited about this I can not sleep thinking about it.

JMT Reinhold
Your exited trail companion