[pct-l] Marijuana in the Sierra & backpacking at 98

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Jun 20 18:13:08 CDT 2009

Yes Switchback,
Norman and I hiked the  JMT  together for many years.
I'm sure he mentioned that to you during his conversations with you.

Funny.....85 lb was exactly the weight of my pack when I hiked the JMT
with the Scouts in 1996.

Did you say  ''marijuana''  in the Sierra?........Gee, I always thought
it was ''skunk cabbage''.....no wonder I always felt so
funny after eating it.
That gives you an idea how naive I am when it comes to drugs....I don't
smoke,  I don't drink,  I don't do drugs....s...xxx  is
 my only vice......at least until I turned 98......That's when I took up
backpacking.

JMT Reinhold
Your mature trail companion