[pct-l] Public transportation to Yosemite

Stephen Clark rowriver at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 20 13:54:02 CDT 2009

No direct transportation from Fresno to Yosemite that I know of. But you can fly into Fresno take greyhound or Amtrak to Merced and YARTS into the valley. Then take the Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne  Meadows bus or pick up the JMT out of Happy Isles.

Here is Transportation info:

Fresno-Yosemite International Airport (tel. 559/621-4500),
located 90 miles from the South Entrance at Wawona, is the nearest
major airport, serving over 25 cities with more than 100 flights daily.
Airlines include Alaska, Allegiant Air, American/American Eagle,
Continental, Delta, ExpressJet, Frontier, Hawaiian, Horizon, Mexicana,
Northwest, United, and US Airways.
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/yosemitenationalpark/1088020009.html#ixzz0IzvHcCGU&D

Greyhound (tel. 800/231-2222; www.greyhound.com) also links Merced with many other California cities.
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/yosemitenationalpark/1088020009.html#ixzz0IzvNqeK3&D

By Train

Amtrak (tel. 800/872-7245; www.amtrak.com) serves Fresno and Merced on its San Joaquins route.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/yosemitenationalpark/1088020009.html#ixzz0Izw9Gt9q&D

By Bus

Daily bus transportation into the park from Merced, Mariposa, and other nearby communities is provided by the Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System (YARTS; tel. 877/989-2787
or 209/388-9589; www.yarts.com). Buses are not subject to park entrance
delays during peak season. From Merced, there are several YARTS
departures daily from the airport, the Amtrak train station, and the
Greyhound bus terminal. Round-trip fare is $25 for adults and $18 for
children 12 and under and seniors 62 and older. There are stops in
Mariposa at several lodgings and the visitor center, with round-trip
rates of $12 for adults and $8 for children 12 and under and seniors 62
and older.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/yosemitenationalpark/1088020009.html#ixzz0IzvV05PY&D

WOW! I can get it for $8 now... What a deal!

Oregon Bound