[pct-l] Norman Clyde Exhibit

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jun 20 08:14:36 CDT 2009

Say, there is a big display about Sierra mountaineer Norman Clyde over at the Independence, CA museum.? It runs to the end of the year.? I am going over there to see it sometime before it closes.?

I was the one who gave him the trail name "The Pack?That Walks?" when I went on a lot of his first accents in the 1930's.? He routinely carried 85 pound packs.? He use to ask me a lot about my adventures with John Muir around the campfire at night.

Also, the authorities are warning hikers in the Sierras to be careful of marijuana groves.? Bad people guard those places and there are traps.? Report anything to law enforcement.

I thank you for your attention.

Switchback the Trail Pirate