[pct-l] JMT hiking partner wanted for August....

Ann Marie dbanmrkr at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 01:19:25 CDT 2009

Does anyone have one extra permit space on their thru-hike via the JMT (I was planning on hiking south beginning from Tuolumne Meadows) to Mount Whitney sometime beginning in August?  My current plan is to start August 17th for a 20-day (or less) hike for the 200 miles to Mt. Whitney. Unfortunately my plans are being disrupted by my hiking partner's unfortunate problems which leaves my current plans (and potential loss of permit) iffy at this moment..And I really want to go and have been planning fitness, gear, and nutrition on my side. I'm open all of August and September so I'm flexible. I'm female and physically fit, and walking/hiking every day in the Portland area in anticipation for this trip. I will give more of my details privately via email, so let me know how to contact you. I realize this request is extraordinary, but I really want to go, and not alone, and not miss any opportunity to go and my time is running out.  I hope everyone who
 has done this trail understands,    :)

Please email only serious replies to dbanmrkr at yahoo.com    Please don't bother posting to the message board to not bother these wonderful folks any more than I'm doing right now.

Thanks