[pct-l] Remedies for loss of appetite

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 13:06:13 CDT 2009

I had this problem once on section D---hiking during early June (hot temps).  I focused on hydration after I began to feel fatigued, but urine was clear and I was drinking more than enough water---maybe too much, as that depletes sodium out of the body.  I increasingly became more and more nauseous and lethargic and had to leave the trail.  My first stop at a convenience store I bought two jars of pickles and immediately drank all the pickle juice---never did that before---and just assumed from that craving that it was an electrolyte issue.  Later had a friend agree that I was probably losing too much salt, too fast.  Just an FYI on my own experience.  Now I pack a lot of salty foods and some lyte mixes for my water.  CQ