[pct-l] Free SPOT rebate with 2 year contract-beware

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Jun 16 11:11:56 CDT 2009

Alas,

I don't really understand Spot's reasoning for refusing you the rebate.
But as this case illustrates, the companies offering rebats like to
avoid paying whenever they can.

Interesting tidbit:

on Spot's page where you can buy an unit direct from Spot
(http://www.findmespot.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1&zenid=l89t27kdv8vp6433m87mvh4cf6)
the price is listed as $169.99,  Then the rebate form states the maximum
rebate as $150.  So "free" turns out to cost $19.99 if you buy from Spot.

a couple of thoughts --
if you can, find the head honcho of Spot and write him/her direct and
state that Spot is not fulfilling the terms of its offer.
or, file a complaint with the FTC and maybe your state's AG and maybe BBB.

Of course letting us on the list know of Spot's refusal will also hurt them.

Tortoise

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

--H. L. Mencken

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>