[pct-l] Bear cannisters

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:13:09 CDT 2009

Bill,
There is no requirement that there be one per person, but there are a few
things that would determine the required volume of the Bear Can:
# of People
Amount of Food/Toiletries per person
# of Days in area requiring Bear Canisters
Time between resupplies

I suppose if both didn't eat very much or were fast hikers carrying a large
Can, like a BV500 of something, maybe 2 could share 1 canister.  While that
would save some weight, I think it would take some planning to try to
squeeze 2 Man-Weeks worth of food & toiletries into one Can.  I say Week
because UR most likely looking at about a week between restocking.

Josh