[pct-l] Washington PCT, 8/9

CHARLES MILLER chuck-miller at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 14 13:59:56 CDT 2009

I am planning my hike of Washington this summer, which will complete my PCT hike.  I hiked California and Oregon the last 4 years.

I am planning to start my Washington hike at the Panther Creek campground on Monday, August 10th, having arrived from Houston via Portland the day before.   This campground is close to the small store in Stabler, and about 34 miles north of Cascade Locks.

I am 68, and thru-hiked the AT in 2000.  I completed the NM portion of the CDT in May, and hope to complete the CDT next year.  I average 15 to 17 miles a day.  I will plan to zero at White Pass, Snoqualmi Pass, Stevens Pass and Stehkin.  If all goes as planned, I should be at Manning Park by about mid-September.  Of the 2009 thru-hikers, I suspect I will see some of the faster hikers when I start, and will finish in about the middle of the group.

Anyone else have a similar plan?

Tex
Chuck Miller
Houston, Texas