[pct-l] Cascade Locks motels

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:23:52 CDT 2009

I ended up staying in both the Columbia Gorge Inn and the Best Western last
year (off trail temporarily due to foot problem); these two are in close
walking distance of each other.  My recollection of the Columbia Gorge inn
is that it's cheaper, rooms aren't as nice or as large, not a great view
etc, but adequate (incl small microwave and fridge) and there's a coin
operated laundry on site.  The Best Western is definitely nicer, and they
have one of the best breakfast buffets on the trail for a motel.   I don't
remember the $$ difference between staying in the two --- I think it was
sizable --- but I certainly made at least part of that back from the variety
and quantity of food I stuffed down at breakfast.   A couple of thru's
sharing a room might find it to therefore be a good option.

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle