[pct-l] RV camping.

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Tue Jun 9 13:38:21 CDT 2009

Can we camp in a RV right off the roads in California?

No.

I think your best bet is to purchase a copy (through the PCT Association: pcta.org) of George and Patricia Semb's book Day Hikes on the Pacific Crest Trail. It is an excellent reference book and gives virtually every access road to the trail. My guess is you'd be able to camp along those roads, or, your family members could drive right to the trail. This, by the way, is assuming you aren't talking one of the mile long motor homes that tow their car for "in town" trips. Some of the roads can be quite bumpy, etc.

are we there yet