[pct-l] SPOT documentation on Censored's epic

Ken Murray kmurray at pol.net
Mon Jun 8 13:11:29 CDT 2009

I don't own or use a Spot, but an sophisticated owner posted this on the Whitney Portal Store website:
I have several friends who use a Spot, and I find it very easy to see their progress on the page link that he refers to.  Is this a change that Postholer might make available?

Steve C:

What I don't understand is why nobody looked at her SPOT mapping page -- the page that shows the positions of the entire past week's locations. All she has on her postholer.com blog is a MyTopo link to the LAST spot location. It's lame!

Since she was carrying a SPOT messenger, she would have a web page showing all its past message locations. Why did not the family as well as the SPOT operator make this site available (by sending a link to the sheriff and SAR people)?

If she had been sending any sort of regular check-in transmissions, it would be pretty easy to determine her approximate location based on her daily progress.

I am totally puzzled.