[pct-l] Going for another PCT record

palomino.pct at gmail.com palomino.pct at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 10:46:37 CDT 2009

I had the good fortune to meet Tattoo Joe near the Bridge of the Gods a couple of years ago. He was on his way to setting a trail speed record, but that didn't stop him from taking the time to talk to me about the trail and have a meal at the Charburger. I found him to be in great spirits, friendly, open, and completely in the moment. I had just completed an Oregon section hike, which for me was a very special accomplishment. I was impressed that he was supportive of my goals and celebrated with me even.     though he had just smoked those miles more than twice as fast as I did! In my book, he smelled every rose that I smelled. He was just moving a little faster and a lot more hours per day than me. I wish him and Scott and Eric D. and Adam and every 2009 hiker a safe and wonderful experience.

Palomino
San Juan Bautista, CA

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T