[pct-l] The SPOT Beacon..........

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 19:32:24 CDT 2009

As a trail angel and a Mom.......if my kid was out there.......privacy
wouldn't even be an issue. If he needed help we wouldn't care who knew. Just
get him some help. From the authorities or another hiker or anyone who could
get to him. If I felt his life was on the line.....I would want everyone to
know. When a hiker (purposely) hits that 911 button....something is wrong
and they need help. Privacy goes out the window. Big brother isn't going to
be out there looking to save your life. Volunteers are doing the work
because they want to help. If you can donate funds to their efforts it would
benefit everyone. They were there when you desperately needed them.

I've been watching Jellybean's trip on SPOT. I love it. If my child, the
love of my life, was hiking I would demand he carry the SPOT.
Not just for him but for my peace of mind too.

Hugs,

PCT MOM
Andrea Dinsmore