[pct-l] driving to indian springs cg in near cascade locks?

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Sat Jun 6 17:15:55 CDT 2009

hi all-

in my bid to mop up the sections of the pct where i took alternates (or
got lost) in 2006, later this summer i'll be in portland for a few days
and will have a chance to hike the pct section between indian springs cg
and cascade locks. in 06, like most pct hikers, i took the eagle creek
trail, with the intention of coming back sometime and hiking the
bypassed official pct segment.

anyway, i would love to do this as an overnight loop, hiking up the
eagle creek trail and down the pct, but i'm not sure i'll have the
luxury of time on my side, and was wondering if there's a way to get a
car shuttle up to the indian springs cg? then i could just walk the pct
as a nice long downhill day hike.

i see that wahtum lake road (NFD 660) goes right to it, but can anyone
advise me whether this road is passable in my honda element 4wd? (not a
serious off-road vehicle, but has decent clearance.)

here's the spot i'm talking about:

http://tinyurl.com/ph3p8e

thanks in advance for your help!!

girlscout