[pct-l] "Who Pays?"

carolwbruno at yahoo.com carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 08:53:14 CDT 2009

FYI: I haven't been following the all the threads of "who pays," but when I purchased spot and signed up for activation there was the option of paying ~$7.00 to cover, I believe, at least one search and rescue over the year.  Fortunately haven't had to use it but for $7 thought it was worth it.
ps re: UL:  Know yourself!!!  I am a small female who dehydrates fast and loses heat fast---so, some UL is not an option for me.  I still carry a hubba single tent with fly for EVERY hike.  However, my pack is UL, with a mat that doubles as sleeping pad and back support for the pack.  I don't seem to need cooked food and so do not need to carry a stove anymore.  But that is section hiking---thru hikers would want something cooked every once in a while.  So, it is hard to cast stones; everyone's different.  Just be aware of your own limitations and adjust accordingly.  I think "censored" learned that the hard way---to her credit she is alive and well.  cq