[pct-l] Our Little Community

Mark Liechty mlaccs at mlaccs.com
Fri Jun 5 11:50:14 CDT 2009

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com wrote:
> There is no doubt in my mind that the able members of this community would conduct our own SAR without hesitation.
>
> Despite some of our idiosyncrasies and personalities, we have a good family, here!

#######

And my point is that we need to be expecting this to be the case without
a bit of "public funding" to support our cause.  We have had several
was spent in the rescue while touting that much of it was voluntary.
Much does  does not = all.

Not saying this is good or bad but to expect it is not going to be
realistic.  The Inyo county  Sheriff's  spent money that would have been
saved if they put a not-trespassing sign on the trailhead.

Then the call looks like this:

911: How can I help you.
Caller: Kat is lost.
911: And you are calling to report the crime of trespassing, when we get
a chance we will dispatch someone to arrest her.
Then it hits the bottom of the todo list but it is not a crisis.

I enjoyed my time hiking with Sheppard this winter and am glad she got
saved.  But, as she noted the Helicopter, Airplane, Sheriff's department
and other PAID services were paid for by others.  That money is all gone
and is not coming back any time soon.

Mark "Blankie" Liechty
mlaccs @ mlaccs . com