[pct-l] Our Little Community

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Jun 5 10:55:40 CDT 2009

So  true!

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net]
On Behalf Of ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 8:56 AM
To: PCT MailingList
Subject: [pct-l] Our Little Community

After all the noise about nasty and/or ill-flavored posts, in the light of
our community response to Kat's 911 Spot signal, there is no question in my
mind about the sincerity and care our little community holds for those who
decide to venture out upon the trail we so love.

When a distress call is received or even heard about, those who study or
frequent the trail immediately spring to action and isolate the exact
location, some notify the possible responding authorities, the HAMS ready
their radios, and the able-bodied anticipate the on-trail search while
preparing their packs for the likelihood of bad conditions. We saw this
happen with Kat this year and others in the past. There is no doubt in my
mind that the able members of this community would conduct our own SAR
without hesitation.

Despite some of our idiosyncrasies and personalities, we have a good family,
here!

Mtnned