[pct-l] Our Little Community

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Fri Jun 5 10:55:38 CDT 2009

After all the noise about nasty and/or ill-flavored posts, in the light of our community response to Kat's 911 Spot signal, there is no question in my mind about the sincerity and care our little community holds for those who decide to venture out upon the trail we so love.

When a distress call is received or even heard about, those who study or frequent the trail immediately spring to action and isolate the exact location, some notify the possible responding authorities, the HAMS ready their radios, and the able-bodied anticipate the on-trail search while preparing their packs for the likelihood of bad conditions. We saw this happen with Kat this year and others in the past. There is no doubt in my mind that the able members of this community would conduct our own SAR without hesitation.

Despite some of our idiosyncrasies and personalities, we have a good family, here!

Mtnned