[pct-l] who pays? - was:Search for Censored

Marge marge at prothman.org
Thu Jun 4 14:51:15 CDT 2009

Hi there,
I really had to put my feelings out on this subject.
Your Mom and this Mom will not have to pay anything for the Search and
Rescue teams.  My eldest son has been a member of the Seattle Search and
Rescue as a volunteer for the past 30 years.  Most SAR have their own fund
raisers and will take donations from whom ever.  They are very proud  of
their own efforts.  I was taken off the trail with a broken leg a few years
ago by the Ridgecrest Search  and rescue  I had laid there for 3 days.  I
was able to send them a donation.

A few years later they came up to one of the Seattle mountains for a seminar
and my son was checking them in and when he saw Ridgecrest they all become
like a big family when he told them I was his MOM.  I am so proud of any of
the SAR teams
And what they do as volunteers.
Cheers,
Marge (the old gal)