[pct-l] who pays? - was:Search for Censored

Mark Liechty mlaccs at mlaccs.com
Thu Jun 4 14:39:01 CDT 2009

Scott Bryce wrote:
> Call for help too soon, and SAR is called out unnecessarily. Call for
> help too late, and SAR becomes recovery of the body. Neither one is what
> we want to see. So how does one determine when it really is necessary to
> call for help?
> ##############

I struggle with this myself.  Have never been in a situation where I was
so lost or hurt or felt my life was at risk if I did not call for help.
If I was then a huge bill came I would pay since the other option was my
wife collecting my life insurance.

Interested in what and how and why others who HAVE been in such
situations reacted.

Your story may save a life and since that life may be mine it is a very
good topic <grin>.

Mark "Blankie" Liechty
mlaccs @ mlaccs . com