[pct-l] Lake Isabella Motel Warning

meghan west meghan.west at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 13:51:16 CDT 2009

Ran into Wrong Way in Bishop last year, and his "bite" had turned into a
full blown staph infection that took him off the trail for awhile.  Though
at that point, I don't think he was as sure of it coming from the Kern
Motel.
Regardless, I'd advise not to go.  I spent two nights there, and it was
highly overpriced for the fleabag inn that it turned out to be.  You're best
staying just about anywhere else, including your tent, than the Kern Motel.
On the plus side, DO go to Nelda's for milkshakes and burgers!  sooooo
tasty!  And the owner (I think his name is Frank.) Likes talking to hikers
when he's not too busy.
-Bling