[pct-l] Thru Hiker Town Food Guide (slightly TIC)

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 13:19:58 CDT 2009

Mmmmm.......  Sadly, the gal writing this article comes at it from the 'skinny / low calorie is good' perspective.  She says to "avoid these fatty foes at all costs!".  I say (when thru hiking at least) - give me two.....of each.

http://food.yahoo.com/blog/hungrygirl/29929/new-fast-food-calorie-violators/

But, it is nice of her to provide a fine guide for cheap, high calorie town food.

At Cajon Pass, there was a eating contest (well, not exactly a contest, we were just keeping track of calories) at the McDonalds within the group I was with.  Those nutrition information tray liners are handy for something.  I though I did well in putting down 3,000 calories at one sitting.  I was mid pack at best - one 20 y/o (who, BTW used a pillow case for his food bag, to put his appetite in perspective) wolfed down 6,000 calories before departing.