[pct-l] Burney Falls

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 23:26:57 CDT 2009

> I was talking to a gal who is at the toll both at the
> entrance to McArthur Burney Falls yesterday and she said the
> hikers are coming through in large numbers. I know I'll be
> helping out some at Castella this Sunday, and have already
> assisted a couple from there within the last week.

You might want to reiterate all the heat warnings.  It's supposed to be 103 here in the Portland area by Wednesday.  Just for grins and giggles, I looked to see what NOAA predicted for Seiad Valley and they're expecting 111 tomorrow and Wednesday!  While I suppose this is nothing new for through-hikers, it's still not what I'd necessarily expect from NorCal (except maybe on the notrious Hat Creek Rim).

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR