[pct-l] Portraits of PCT thru hikers, book idea

Al Fresco frescosf at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 21:46:27 CDT 2009

Portraits of PCT thru hikers, book idea

My husband is a professional photographer. His specialty is
creating publicity photos for the motion picture industry (movie
stills). Between movies he contributes to the largest stock
photography agencies in the world.

He is thinking about doing a photo book on PCT thru hikers.
The book would be nothing but portraits of the hikers, photographed
as they are about half way to Canada, somewhere in Northern California.

He would reserve about month of time, be available seven days a
week, at a specific place every day, a well signed location right
on the PCT. No detours or route finding required for the hiker to do this.

Each photograph would include their name, the date, age, where they
are from, and a short message of their choosing.  They would be photo-
graphed as is; no cleaning up, no fussing about, he would not "direct"
them.  It would take about 5 - 10 minutes of their time.  Each person
(or couple) would receive in return; a digital, high resolution copy of the
image mailed to them, and a beverage of their choice and a snack of some
sort after the sitting. All he would want in return is a signed model release
and a small amount of their time.

Examples of his work can be seen on his website: www.koberfoto.com

What do all you hikers think of this idea?  Do you think there is a book
market for this? Do you think the hikers would stop? Any problem signing
a model release? What questions or concerns would you have?

Please share your thoughts and ideas.  You can email my husband directly through his webpage or back to me personally.

We are still in the development stages so any and all input and ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Lisa