[pct-l] stabler: ice cream and hiker squishing DUMP TRUCKS

sage Clegg sageclegg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 15:39:01 CDT 2009

Hi! Finished up section H in Washington and wanted to toss out an update. If you are going into Stabler (which you should- burgers on fri- sunday,ice cream and good people always) do NOT hike rd 43. They are doing dam removal destruction from 530am- 1030pm 7days a week. The trucks go super fast and are scary! Just take rd 53 instead, walking the trail arround bunker hill. The rest of section H was great, though a bit buggy in marshy places. Goat rocks is awesome, if not too crowded, and only had one snow slope of any consequence (and that had good runout). I saw Eric D on his way up to Canada- first No Bo of the season. He is one of the coolest certified badasses I have ever met, mainly cause he is so humble and hikes so happily. I look forward to hearing an update on the glacier peak snow conditions from him or anyone else who has come through recently- I think my trail report a couple weeks ago has discouraged people from trying that awesomely wild
 part of trail. As the snow melts so does the danger. Sage