[pct-l] hikers location

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Mon Jul 27 13:10:24 CDT 2009

thru-hikers passed through pretty early this year after which the
> numbers dropped like a rock, and it appears that the Heitman's in Old
> Station have seen most of "The Herd" already

This goes along with my thru hiker Len stated today. Etna Summit and particularly Castella are busy areas about now.

I feel I must apologize for the weather in this area. All of northern CA and southern OR has been sweltering for weeks. As for us in Weed/Lake Shastina we have not been below 94 for many weeks. We've been hovering right around 99 as an average for this past week. Ugh! The hikers are really going to suffer.

are we there yet