[pct-l] Any info on what the Glacier Peak wilderness is like this year?

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:13:58 CDT 2009

The Forest Service is advertising for hikers to go the REROUTE only. They
have signs out at Steven's Pass and Stehekin to go the detour. I can only
pass on what I have heard from PCT hikers who have stopped in here. 4 hikers
followed the FS detour and had a terrible time. None of them made it to
Steven's Pass on the reroute. There was some kind of blockage or trail loss
that forced them to back track to Trinity trail head and hitch to hwy 2 and
west to Skykomish. The 4 that came down the ORIGINAL route had a hard time
getting through the blow downs that were there and over some river crossings
but they made it. It's not a piece of cake. The big log over the Suiattle
River is still there. Hikers have been taking that for the last few years. I
haven't heard of anyone falling off of it yet. You can either walk or sit on
your butt and scoot. There's a slide show of trail damage pics on our
website under videos listing.

www.dinsmoreshiikerhaven.com

Forest Service says go the reroute..........hikers who have been on both say
go the original PCT. The choice is yours. I'm not a hiker.....haven't been
on the trail I can only pass on what I hear.

PCT MOM