[pct-l] Thru hiker/number of counties

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Sat Jul 25 14:45:55 CDT 2009

We mainly host section hikers but am delighted to say Bruiser, a thru hiker, is here with us now. He came off at Castella to give you an idea as to where most the hikers are approaching and/or just been through.

Last evening the topic of how many counties in CA does the PCT go through. We came up with the following list. We are certain we missed some in the more populated southern CA areas (it can be quite a challenge to read the county names on most any map, the highly populated areas being even more difficult). Any/all corrections/additions welcomed. The following list totals 21. This could become a fun trivial question about the PCT.

San Diego                      Placer
Riverside                      Nevada
San Bernardino                 Sierra
L.A.                           Plumas