[pct-l] Large boulder in Section Q

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Fri Jul 24 19:18:17 CDT 2009

The F/S is in the process of getting a wilderness variance to drill and remove the rock. I was at the f/s office today to get an update and there was NO PERSONNEL to talk to that knew anything about the problem. The rock is very large and beyond the expertise of Volunteers to remove. Pressure needs to be applied to the Scott River Trail crew to get of their  @#$& as this is almost the 1st of August..

My friend of mine dropped me the above information after the mother of a thru rider (of a mule) asked for help with misc. issues.

Their number is: 530-468-5351.

It's my understanding it's a huge boulder blocking the trail completely about 35 miles south of Seiad Valley.

are we there yet