[pct-l] Camping Near Echo

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 10:44:11 CDT 2009

Sorry about the ??  They always appear in my postings.  I don't know why.

Two years ago we found a nice little spot between some large rocks just before the PCT crosses a dirt road leading from Hwy 50 to Lake Audrian, just before the old "Little Norway" site.  We pumped water from a culvert (headwaters of the American Fork River) right where this dirt road heads off from Hwy 50.  There wasn't much water, but it worked.  You could also go to Lake Audrian to get water.
We looked like homeless folks. It was embarrassing, because it was Sunday and lots of families with little kids were walking over the bridge to go to the lake. But we were very thirsty, and camping past that point is banned.... unless you want to hike past Echo to Aloha.

 Carolyn (Pink Paperclip)