[pct-l] shoes for crossing JMT streams

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 12 21:41:43 CDT 2009

I recently used Crocks as both stream crossings as well as camp shoes.  They are light weight and I fastened them to the outside of my pack.  One trick you might try is to use plastic bags over your socks and inside the Crocks.  In this way your feet will remain relatively worm as well as dry when going through cold water.  I haven't used this method in anything above mid-calf yet and so got by with rubber bands.  For deeper water you may need to use something stronger like Velcro, some sort of strap from your local backpacking store or tape.

Shepherd