[pct-l] Sept-Oct OR-CA questions

Mike Ronstadt threeeasysteps at live.com
Mon Jul 6 16:02:28 CDT 2009

I have about two months to hike beginning in September.  I was thinking of heading south from hwy 84/30 and seeing how far I can go.  Oregon should take me about a month.  I've got the guidebooks but they don't talk much about fall hiking.  Couple of questions -

How are water conditions like in fall?
Should I expect snow in October in northern CA?
What's the best way to get to the trail from Portland (I'll be flying in there)?

No real plan or goal other than putting in some miles and maybe losing a little weight.  Open to suggestions.

Thanks -
Summermike

2x A.T. thru, completed sections on CDT, 53yo, rather a slow hiker