[pct-l] New JMT Record

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 09:00:29 CDT 2009

Snappy JMT Reinhold writes:?Switchback, My wife and I will start at Yosemite on or about August 15, depending on my ability to obtain a walk in permit (they are fully?booked until September 28).?IT'S ALL A COMMUNIST PLOT.......I never had trouble getting a permit, going south, before!!!?
Switchback replies: Yes, I notice a lot more communism now days.? It is probably a plot and?conspiracy against hard core hikers.? They are dangerous independent lot and free thinkers.? I bet the central government has an enemies?list for them too.

I wonder if the PCT will have a permit system someday.? Probably not, since it is so long and hikers are spread out for the most part.? Say, I have met your wife and she is a very nice lady and normal person.??She must be very brave to go with you on the trail.? Forget about the bears.