[pct-l] Snoqualimie to Manning Park

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 4 00:56:36 CDT 2009

Carolyn wrote:

I'm thinking about backpacking from Snoqualmie to Manning Park in August.
However, I read in the guide book that there are several icy and treacherous
snow crossings.  I'm 60 now, and not as sure-footed or brave as I once was.

The snow melt-out has been pretty normal this year so I don't expect you'd
run into any serious snow crossings in that area in August this year.  July,
yes; August, probably not.  Of course you could always find unusual local
conditions, so don't consider this to be a guarantee, but I wouldn't be too
concerned if I were you.

Eric