[pct-l] Managing soreness

Diane Soini diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jul 3 10:00:36 CDT 2009

Hi all,
I've so far completed about 600 trail miles on my long-haul section
hike. I'm just now starting to get the soreness that doesn't go away.
If you are/were a thru, you know what I mean.

I take Emergence-C joint health formula every day, drink an
electrolyte drink, try to eat as much protein as I can when I can and
have great shoes that fit well and feel terrific. But the daily leg
soreness and generalized foot soreness is starting to creep in. Any
tips from experienced thrus (not armchair hikers) about
managing/eliminating/reducing this pain?

Thanks,
Diane/Piper