[pct-l] Peanut butter and pole straps

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:44:35 CDT 2009

Look for peanut butter in places like gas station convenience stores or
7-11, that sort of place.  My recollection is that you can get it there in a
smaller quantity, perhaps 12 oz (?) rather than the more common 18 oz
size.   Or get a wide mouth screw-cap container at REI or the like for
smaller quantities.  I pretty quickly learned to hate the squeeze tube
things, beyond cold weather they're a real PITA to clean.

Pole strap thing would be more trouble that it's worth for me, because I
think you would first have to collapse the poles and then later put them
back to normal length to use them again, nez pas?  But I'm a pretty
full-time 2-stick user, so no real opinion.   When I briefly want hands free
while walking it seems reasonable to sort of crook the two poles in one arm
and through the arm-pit.

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle