[pct-l] 4th of July

Scott Herriott yetifan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 11:56:05 CDT 2009

Susan wrote:

<If memory serves me well (which is doesn't always!), in previous years there has been some PCT participation in 4th of July events in Independence (perhaps Monty Tam wrote about it?). I think there was even a prize-winning float.>

In '06, inspired by a couple of hikers, a group of thrus in Independence marched in the parade, complete with a text adorned bedsheet ("This is what freedom is all about!") and ice axes raised high.  Highlights are in this film I've heard about called "Even More Walking".  :)

Squatchwww.walkpct.com

If memory serves me well (which is doesn't always!), in previous years there has been some PCT participation in 4th of July events in Independence (perhaps Monty Tam wrote about it?). I think there was even a prize-winning float.

Anyone doing that sort of thing this time around? I'm writing a piece about 4th of July events for examiner.com  and love giving PCTer's the credit they're due.
Thanks,
Susan Alcorn

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com