[pct-l] The Illustrious Reinhold

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Jul 1 08:02:10 CDT 2009

Linsey,
I admire you also.....please, please, please,....don't knock me of your
high pedestal.
I am a famous European also.
The other Reinhold Messner may have climbed more mountains, but I have
hiked the John Muire Trail far more often than he has and climbed Mt.
Whitney far more often, at least 16 times and plan on climbing it 3 more
times this year.

Besides, I have been told that I am far better looking than the other
Reinhold.
Just ask JoAnn, she will vouch for me.
And yes Linsey, my legs, although not as long as yours, are muscular and
hairy.....I hope you like them that way.

JMT Reinhold
Your secret admirer

Linsey wrote:
While I stand by the sentiment of my original post (albeit with Reinhold
Metzger on a slightly shorter pedestal), I'm chagrined to admit that my
addled brain wrongly concluded that the famous European climber Reinhold
Messner somehow turned distance hiker. Please note corrected post...
Dear Reinhold Metzger, In my book you are Hiking Royalty and are
afforded much more leeway than mere mortals. Frankly I'm starstruck that
you post on this forum. Sincerely, Linsey Budden, SOBO hopeful (42, long
hair, long legs, still hot)